Faculty members at SHU have been enhancing their teaching by exploring new technologies and integrating the digital environment in face-to-face, online, and blended contexts. To highlight the enormous effort behind the development of digital pedagogies, we will highlight innovative practices in the Teaching Experiments section. We will also provide descriptions of projects in progress in the Teaching playground section.
Teaching Experiments: We hosted an event called Teaching Innovations – Experiments from the Classroom for the first time in spring 2015. This event showcased the many innovative teaching practices going on in the SHU classrooms, and offered hands-on demo sessions as well as discussions in an informal setting. Several examples of teaching experiments from this event have been compiled in this section.
Teaching Playground: Primarily, we want to draw attention to the many examples of digital approaches that worked in the classroom. But the main focus is not to showcase only success stories. Far from it. Instead, faculty analyze the complex process involved in the design and delivery of these innovative practices by describing the following:
* how to go about choosing suitable technology tools to meet teaching objectives,
* the challenges they have faced in experimenting with digital tools and methods
* frustrations with implementing teaching ideas, and strategies for solving them
* observations from student learning, feedback from students that helped refine the experiment,
* applicability of innovative experiments to other disciplines etc.
We request submissions from faculty and students to build this section of SHUsquare. Please send us your ideas by filling out the form below.